[Libs-Or] Offer of historical federal documents series

Deanne Smith deanne.r.smith at state.or.us
Fri Oct 18 08:46:39 PDT 2013

The Oregon State Library has duplicate sets of a historical federal documents series that we would be happy to offer to another library in Oregon.

The set, "Messages and Documents" is a collection of presidential and executive branch reports to Congress, which contain
good overviews federal government activities in a given year.

Here is the official title of the series:
Message from the President of the United States to the two Houses of Congress  ... with the reports of the heads of departments and selections from accompanying documents

We have miscellaneous volumes from the full series from 1856/57 to 1894/95. We also have a set of abridged volumes that cover 1862/63-1915. Most volumes are in average condition, some are in a bit more rough shape.

To view a sample volume,  see: http://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101078162060

To request any volumes, please contact Deanne Smith (deanne.r.smith at state.or.us<mailto:deanne.r.smith at state.or.us<mailto:deanne.r.smith at state.or.us%3cmailto:deanne.r.smith at state.or.us>> or 503-378-5021)

Volumes will be available until: October 31, 2013.

Deanne R. Smith
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301