[Libs-Or] Government shutdown

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Mon Sep 30 12:17:18 PDT 2013

Hi Buzzy and all:
The Library of Congress has definitely indicated that they anticipate their web services to be shut down. http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/2013/13-A06.html

It is unclear at this point whether this will be true of GPO's systems, since it all has to do about whether the services is determined to be "essential".  My understanding is that the staff that support the Depository Library Program are definitely not considered essential and will not be available. Their FDSys system directly supports some Congressional functions, however, and may be deemed essential.  I will update everyone if I hear definitively one way or another.

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301