[Libs-Or] Congratulations! Governor's Volunteer Award Winner, Josephine Community Libraries

Connie Anderson-Cohoon anderson at sou.edu
Tue Apr 1 14:24:50 PDT 2014

Hi MaryKay et. al.,

Gosh...I've got really mixed feelings about this. Ever since I moved to
Southern Oregon the libraries in Josephine County have struggled. I believe
that Roy Masters had a great deal of influence in the county and was
against raising taxes. See this article for some background:
http://web.thedailycourier.com/eedition/2010/04/01/Progress/3.pdf.

I imagine there are some that will conclude that you can run libraries with
volunteers only but most of us know better than that. I fervently hope that
Kate Lasky and all her volunteers are successful in passing a library levy.
They have certainly worked hard to bring library services to the county and
I celebrate their efforts.

Best,
Connie

--