[Libs-Or] 2014 Teen Video Challenge winners announced!

Abbie Anderson aanderson at cclsd.org
Mon Apr 21 17:52:43 PDT 2014

Please pardon cross-posting.

Dear Oregon Libraries,

I am very happy to now be free to announce the winners of the 2014 Teen
Video Challenge! Oregon is one of 26 states with a winning video
representing us at the national level. It was a tough call, but the team
from Cedar Mill is representing Oregon again for the 2nd year in a row!

Attached please find the official press release for the 2014 Teen Video
Challenge winners. And most of all, please do go to the CSLP website to
view the amazing, funny, smart work of teens across the country:
http://www.cslpreads.org/programs/young-adult-program/teen-video-challenge/2014-teen-video-winners.html

Anyone can use any of these videos to promote Teen Summer Reading this
year. As the good folks at CSLP say, "View and share these videos, link
to them from your library webpage, post them to social networks, and use
them to get the word out to teens."

The screening of these videos has been one of the best things for me at
the CSLP Annual Meeting, which it has been my privilege to attend as
your OYAN CSLP Liaison for the past two years. Now that you see how
fabulous it is, do you want to stand for election for this exciting
office? Think about it. Next year's meeting is in Newport, RI, and OYAN
pays your way! It's pretty incredible, and I'm happy to stand for
another 2-year term, but I don't want to hog all the goodies for myself.

Look for the announcement of the 2015 Teen Video Challenge after the
2014 CSLP Survey goes out in the Fall. Next year's theme is Heroes, with
the teen slogan of "Unmask!"

Yours in the grand endeavor,
Abbie Anderson
OYAN CSLP Liaison