[Libs-Or] Outside no smoking ban for city library?

Esther Moberg emoberg at cityofseaside.us
Tue Apr 29 14:46:52 PDT 2014

Hello wonderful Oregon Librarians, I have a question regarding any city run library (Any Library that is a department of the city and governed by city council) and your no-smoking policy outside the building. Does your city have a no smoking policy extending beyond the state law of 10 feet from building doors? Does anyone have a ban for the entire lot the library is on? If so, are you the only department in the city that has this or does it extend to multiple city departments? Please let me know if you currently have anything regarding smoking that is more stringent than the state law of 10 feet from building doors. We are exploring possibilities.
Thank you,

Esther Moberg
Library Director
Seaside Public Library