[Libs-Or] playaway pricing

dan cawley librarybusiness at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 12:27:12 PDT 2014

Is it me, or are Playaways stupidly expensive?

I compared the stickers for new releases from two major vendors (B &T / TEI) and found both outfits hovering around $70.00 per item.  That just doesn't jibe with our humble audiobook budget.

The same titles are available for a fraction of the price on compact disc.

It's only a matter of time before all media is cloud-driven.  Between now and then, however, we would like to purchase some affordable Playaways.  Does anyone know where we can come across these products at a reasonable rate...or, used and cheap?

Dan Cawley
Seaside Public Library

www.seasidelibrary.org