[Libs-Or] Background checks required for a library foundation?

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Aug 13 10:47:01 PDT 2014

We don't do that, but I  think that it might be reasonable for any members that are doing the financial work.  It has crossed my mind, but haven't pursued as our current treasurer is a local attorney who has some protections due to his profession.   I think I would recommend for any future treasurers.

We do background checks on all library volunteers, but not city appointed board members or foundation members.  Our Friends fall under volunteers by the nature of their work at our library.

Leah

Leah M. Griffith, Director
Newberg Public Library

Sent from my iPad