[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacro-l] September is Library Card Sign-up Month

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Mon Aug 25 13:34:30 PDT 2014

FYI,

Suzanne Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Don Wood <dwood at ala.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Subject: [alacro-l] September is Library Card Sign-up Month
To: "alacro-l at ala.org" <alacro-l at ala.org>

Want to travel the world? How about learn how to use a 3D printer? Or maybe
you just want to download a new e-book to your tablet. Well you can do all
that and more for free with a library card!  It’s what makes a library card
the most valuable card in your wallet.

September is Library Card Sign-up Month
<http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/celebrationweeks/card> and we want to
know how you use your library card to learn, explore, or even just to
relax.  Or maybe your library card just makes you want to shout,
“Excelsior,” like our Honorary Chair for Library Card Sign-up Month and
legendary comic book creator, Stan Lee.

Share why you value your library card using our Library Card Sign-up Month
word balloons or create your own. Creativity is encouraged!   Share on
Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #LibraryCardSignUp or add to our "My
Library Card... <https://www.flickr.com/groups/2739892@N22/pool/>" Flickr
Group between September 2-23, 2014. All participants will be entered in a
drawing for a comic book prize package, which will include:

   - An “I Read Banned Comics
   <http://cbldf.myshopify.com/collections/apparel>” t-shirt  from Comic
   Book Legal Defense Fund (retail value $20.00),
   - a Spider-Man “Drop in and read
   <http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=10966>” poster from ALA
   Graphics (retail value $18.00),
   - and a year’s subscription to Marvel Unlimited
   <http://marvel.com/comics/unlimited> (retail value $69.00).

Official rules and details of the promotion are available on
atyourlibrary.org.

Read more . . . . . . .
<http://www.ala.org/conferencesevents/celebrationweeks/card>

Don

Don Wood
Program Officer
Chapter Relations Office
<http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/offices/cro/index.cfm>
American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
dwood at ala.org
1-800-545-2433, ext. 2429; 312-280-2429
312-280-4392 (fax)
Become a Fan of ALA Chapters <https://www.facebook.com/ALAChapters>

Follow CRO on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ALA_CRO>

Take Action for America’s Libraries <http://cqrcengage.com/ala/home>

“If you want to build a ship, don’t herd people together to collect wood
and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the
endless immensity of the sea.”—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--
Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Representative

Phone: 503-725-8169