[Libs-Or] The S.A.V.V.I.E.S

Maureen Cole mcole at ci.oregon-city.or.us
Mon Feb 17 10:18:04 PST 2014

Did you hear about the SAVVIES? I feel smart just saying that word...

The S.A.V.V.I.E.S.: A New Tradition from H.A.S.

Can we stand one more acronym? Yes, we can! The H.A.S. (Honors, Awards, and Scholarships) Committee exists to recognize outstanding achievement and this happens through a number of awards which are presented each year.

However, we know that there are a lot of fabulous successes which happen every year which we could and should be sharing and celebrating. This year we're starting a new tradition and sharing those successes at our annual conference. That’s where SAVVIES comes in: it stands for

Shared
Achievements
Victories
Ventures
Innovations
Endowments and
Successes

Here's how easy it will be: send us your nomination of a local success (i.e. a children's area expansion, an award from a civic organization, a building project) along with a photo and a little bit of information. We'll combine these successes into a presentation and share with OLA members at the annual conference (i.e. power point at awards luncheon) and post on the web site afterwards.

Go ahead-nominate yourself! Nominate a friend who is shy! Go around your director and nominate your library! We want to hear about noteworthiness of all sorts! Send all nominations with a photo and some information to mcole at orcity.org (please use subject line: SAVVIES). Deadline is April 7, 2014. Questions? Same email will get you answers! Flood us with your success stories-we know you have them!

Maureen Cole
mcole at orcity.org
Library Director
Oregon City Public Library
606 John Adams St.
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
503-657-8269 ext. 1010 Direct phone
503-657-3702 fax
Website: www.orcity.org/library
Follow us on: Facebook!
Subscribe to our email newsletter!
PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This e-mail is subject to the
State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.