[Libs-Or] Job posting - Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research - Portland
shafferc at ohsu.edu
Wed Feb 19 13:00:09 PST 2014
Forwarding as a favor, please direct queries per the instructions below. This would be a great position for someone who wants to work closely with research teams in a variety of multidisciplinary areas, from comparative effectiveness to genomics. KPCHR is a standalone research organization affiliated with Kaiser Permanente and participates in the OHSU CTSA. See http://www.kpchr.org/ for details.
Job Opening: Library Services Manager
The Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research (CHR) in Portland, Oregon has an opening for a manager of library services.
The position will be open until a suitable pool of applicants has been obtained.
The Manager of Library Services will plan, manage, and carry out the effective delivery of library services in support of CHR's mission and goals. The Manager of Library Services is supervised by the CHR Chief Operating Officer and hires, trains and manages professional librarians and library technicians.
• Take a broad, proactive role in planning for and assuring that the CHR's library service needs are met,
working closely with investigators and CHR managers to define, prioritize, and deliver library services especially around targeted areas of research interest.
• Provide professional expertise in information retrieval, evaluation, and management as a funded team
member on research projects. Develop, perform, and document complex literature searches for project
• Perform systematic literature reviews. Use ability to comprehend complex research issues in professional scientific literature.
• ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science.
• Minimum five (5) years of library management experience.
• Minimum ten (10) years of library work experience.
• Research reference experience in a medical, health, or research setting.
• Knowledge of online information databases.
• Ability to search databases using medical subject headings (MeSH).
• Ability to comprehend complex research issues in professional scientific literature.
• ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science AND additional advanced degree in a health science related field.
• Minimum ten (10) years of library management experience.
• Minimum twelve (12) years of library work experience in a medical, health, or research setting.
• Experience with systematic review processes.
• Experience with searching for grey literature.
• Ability to conduct searches in Medline, the Cochrane Library and other subject-specific databases.
• Knowledge of the current state of scholarly publishing (e.g. open access, copyright, author identifiers).
Salary range: $66,740 - 91,460
For a more detailed job description and to complete an application, visit our web site athttps://kp.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=662426
(Job number 228168).
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Chris Shaffer, MS, AHIP
University Librarian and Associate Professor
Oregon Health & Science University Library
shafferc at ohsu.edu<mailto:shafferc at ohsu.edu> 503-367-4693
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or