[Libs-Or] PCC Library Job Announcement (Please Post)
daniel.smith39 at pcc.edu
Tue Jan 28 11:33:24 PST 2014
Portland Community College Library has openings for three (3) full time
Locations: Sylvania and Southeast Campuses
Librarian Job Duties Include:
- Be responsible for providing library services such as staffing the
Research Help Desk, providing chat and email research support,
collaborating with instructional faculty to create customized one-time
- Serve as a liaison to one or more Subject Area Committees (SACS).
- Participate in library, campus and, district committees.
- Provide research assistance for the college upon request.
- Participate in Library SAC and engage in SAC-related assessment
- Be responsible for one or more collection areas.
- Instruct groups and individuals in effective use of library resources and
- Participate in an array of library initiatives
MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited library school or foreign
equivalent, plus one year's teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with faculty members in
multiple disciplines to: create, develop and deliver course-specific
research instruction using a variety of presentation and teaching
modalities (e.g., face-to-face, online.)
- Demonstrated ability to teach students, individually and in classroom
settings, whose learning styles, levels of academic preparedness, and
backgrounds vary greatly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies and their
application to an academic library.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and maintaining library
collections in a discipline, including: analyzing current holdings,
identifying gaps in a collection, and working with members of the college
community to optimally develop the collection.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a collegial environment
based on mutual respect, commitment to public service, open communication
and cooperation within complex organizations (e.g., a multi-campus setting,
geographically-distributed entity, or online environment)
- Evidence of professional commitment through research and/or professional
service, and to a praxis of ongoing learning and development.
- Demonstrated success in leading user-centered development and delivery of
-Demonstrated commitment to diversity, with experience in teaching students
from diverse backgrounds.
-Experience in engaging in a cycle of assessment, including: goal setting ,
articulating criteria for evaluation, gathering data, analysing results and
responding to results.
*To apply for this position you must submit: *
1) Completed online application (please be sure to include complete
employment history in either the application or resume/vita)
2) Cover letter specifically stating how you meet each of the
qualifications for the position, including preferred qualifications.
3) Current Resume/Vita (Attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to
attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word"
or ".pdf" formats.
*Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal
background check as a condition of employment.
*For best consideration, apply by February 17th, 2014. Recruitment will
close as soon as a sufficient number of qualified applications have been
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or