[Libs-Or] Library2Go

dan cawley librarybusiness at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 12:58:11 PDT 2014

This fiscal year, the Seaside Public Library will participate in Overdrive's Advantage 2.0 program.

Access to 2.0 will be available exclusively to our library patrons.

We are purchasing a small block of titles.

I have built upon varying types of collections. Advantage 2.0, however, is uncharted water.

What would be the best way to incubate this virtual collection:

Purchase frontlist items so patrons don't have to sit on the consortia hold list?

Build a local author collection?

Create a local history/genealogy collection?

We are open to any and all suggestions.  If there are any rules of thumb, we are open to those as well.

Advice is welcomed.  Like everyone, we are trying to get maximum use from minimal dollars.

Thanks in advance...

Sincerely

Dan Cawley
Seaside Public Library