[Libs-Or] SRRT chair for 2014-2015 - was Re: Diversity and Social Justice in Libraries - where next?

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:34:06 PDT 2014

Remember that discussion we were having about diversity and social justice
in libraries?  Well, now is the time to really start working on this and
one way to do this is to develop a strong Social Responsibilities Round
Table (SRRT) within OLA.

What we really need is someone who can step forward and chair SRRT.  I
can't do this but I will give support to anyone who can.  If Candice can
appoint a chair for now then elections can be held later as the task force
grows.

I have just created a Facebook page for OLA SRRT as one place where ideas
and easy discussion can take place and issues can be shared.  Maybe some of
you would like to join,  www.facebook.com/OLASRRT.

--
*Diedre Conkling*

* Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365 Phone &
Fax: 541-265-3066 <541-265-3066>Work email**: *
*diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org* <diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
* Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

 “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou