[Libs-Or] ipad security

Michelle Lenox lenoxm at uw.edu
Wed Jul 16 18:04:32 PDT 2014

We are getting an iPad that will be set up for public use in our young
adult room. We've been investigating approaches to locking down its
settings and existing apps, and controlling which features are available.

Options we've considered include the iPad's own "Restrictions" settings and
third-party managers like Meraki, which are all somewhat limited in what
they control.

Has anyone found a strategy for securing iPads for public use, and/or
enforcing a time limit per session, that you would recommend?

Thank you,

Michelle Lenox
Seaside Public Library