[Libs-Or] Orbis Cascade Alliance communication with EBSCO and Ex Libris about data sharing

Max Macias mmacias at pcc.edu
Fri Jun 6 12:47:25 PDT 2014

The leadership/management team at Ex Libris seems to not have diversity:

http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/category/ManagementTeam

#racist #libraries #diversity #culture #business #Oregon #BlackandBrown
#WhiteSupremacist #OrbisCascade

I don't like companies who are not ethnically diverse and I think Oregon
Tax Payer money should only go to business partners who are ethnically
diverse.

Max Macias

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM, John F. Helmer <jhelmer at orbiscascade.org>
wrote:

> Northwest colleagues,
>
> You may be aware that the Alliance has been encouraging EBSCO and Ex
> Libris to reach a data sharing agreement that allows EBSCO content to be
> fully represented in Primo.  Although this particular conversation involves
> these two vendors, it is part of a broader principal.  We continue to hold
> that libraries must be able to make independent decisions about content and
> discovery.  All of the content our members purchase must be fully available
> via our chosen discovery system.
>
> As you will recall, in April EBSCO announced a new metadata sharing
> policy.  Since that time we have been analyzing this proposal and have
> engaged with both vendors. Now the Alliance Board has formally responded.
> In brief the Board's letter to EBSCO and Ex Libris says that we celebrate
> this step in the right direction but that it is not enough.  The letter
> asks for a quick implementation timeline and a roadmap for more.
>
> See the latest letter and entire dialog at
> https://www.orbiscascade.org/ebsco-ex-libris/
>
> Best wishes.
> --
> _________________________________
>
> John F. Helmer
> Executive Director
> Orbis Cascade Alliance
>  jhelmer at orbiscascade.org
> 541.246.2470 ext 205

> or the sender of the message, by phone or email.
> Technical questions? Call 503-378-8800.

Max Macias
TSS Training Team

Training Team Twitter feed @TSSTrainer <https://twitter.com/#%21/TSSTrainer>

PCC TSS Training Team Blog <http://blogs.pcc.edu/tss-training/>

Are you an employee who is off-campus and wants to access a page behind the
firewall, then you have to tweak the URL. Just add the following extra
characters to the front of any Intranet web link:
https://view.pcc.edu/login?url=