[Libs-Or] Walking the Borders: Writing Our Cultures

Zach Selley zselley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 12:32:43 PDT 2014

I thought I would share this literary workshop event....

*Walking the Borders: Writing Our Cultures*
"Sometimes in the evenings a translator walks out
and listens by streams than wander back and forth
across borders"
—William Stafford

We all walk borders in our lives— edges where our identities as part of
families, communities, religious groups, or nations brush up against one
another. In this workshop, we'll write to discover the unique patterns of
our cultural worlds as well as those we've experienced through literature,
travel, and everyday encounters. We'll explore the borders where memoir
intersects with broader cultural stories and discuss issues of craft
including voice and literacy form. No prior writing experience is necessary
and all ages are welcome.

Free to everyone

When: Wednesday June 18th at 4:00 PM
Where: McClean House, 5350 River St. West Linn
Free food and drinks will be provided

RSVP: msteiner at lclark.edu