[Libs-Or] Chemeketa Community College accepting applications for Part-Time Reference Librarian Pool

Michele Burke michele.burke at chemeketa.edu
Mon Mar 10 12:24:30 PDT 2014

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Chemeketa Community College is currently accepting applications for a
*part-time
Reference Librarian* pool.

*POSITION SUMMARY*

Part-time faculty pools are utilized to fill vacancies for available
assignments during the academic year. Applications are considered
throughout the academic year and reviewed based on department need.

*Why Chemeketa?*

You would be challenged to find a college that matters more to its
community than Chemeketa means to the residents of Oregon's Mid-Willamette
Valley. If you can affirm our vision to transform lives and communities
through exceptional learning experiences, then Chemeketa will be a
rewarding workplace to fulfill your potential and contribute your expertise.

*The Community We Serve*

Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution
in Oregon, with approximately 50,000 students enrolled from a diversity of
backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley
campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Dallas center,
Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's
district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid-Willamette Valley
and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small
portion of Linn County. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with
Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest
single concentration of citizens. Full-time enrollment increased by 35% in
the last five years.

Mission
Chemeketa Community College values access and diversity which is affirmed
by how we care, collaborate, and innovate with each other and the
community. We promise to actively support student learning from precollege
to transfer or to the workplace and lifelong learning by focusing on
student success, quality, and sustainability in all of our practices and by
being responsible stewards of our resources.

Diversity
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students,
staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential
to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish
the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.

*Application Process*

To be considered for a position at the college, a complete online
application is required. For complete information on this job opportunity,
please visit our
website<http://agency.governmentjobs.com/chemeketacc/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=831237&hit_count=yes&headerFooter=1&promo=1&transfer=0&WDDXJobSearchParams=%3CwddxPacket%20version%3D%271%2E0%27%3E%3Cheader%2F%3E%3Cdata%3E%3Cstruct%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27CATEGORYID%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27PROMOTIONALJOBS%27%3E%3Cstring%3E1%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27TRANSFER%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27FIND_KEYWORD%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3C%2Fstruct%3E%3C%2Fdata%3E%3C%2FwddxPacket%3E>.

We are an EO/AA/ADA institution

Michele Burke
Reference Librarian
Chemeketa Community College, Salem Campus
Office: 503.365-4711
Cell: 503.559-5518