[Libs-Or] tax forms

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Thu Mar 13 12:09:13 PDT 2014

We find tax forms less of a burden than they used to be as more and more people are doing it online.   I think it is a service we provide like helping people use our computers to apply for jobs or even figure out how to use their Kindle with Library2Go.

We're only getting federal forms and we end up helping people download the state forms, so in many ways having the forms in  house is easier as they can help  themselves.

And on the other hand, we do get tax money back from those filings, via LSTA, Ready to Read, etc.

We have gotten in the habit on our phone message (we have a short phone message before people hit 1 to talk to someone etc.) of adding in January, "Tax forms have not arrived yet, when they have, this message will be changed" or something to that effect.  That takes care of those phone calls.

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library     503-537-1256