[Libs-Or] Best methods for counting wireless users?

Christy Davis cdavis at klamathlibrary.org
Fri May 9 15:52:39 PDT 2014

Like many other libraries, Klamath County Service District has noticed a slight slowing of public computer usage and a big uptick in the use of personal wireless devices such as laptops, tablets and smaller mobile devices.
We would like to count this usage because we believe it to be statistically significant. Do any libraries out there have a recommended or favored methodology for counting wireless users? We find that many people also use our wireless access outside the walls of our library - from their cars or even the public benches outside our buildings. Does anyone count those users too? Thanks for any responses!

Christy Davis
Library Director
Klamath County Library Service District
cdavis at klamathlibrary.org<mailto:cdavis at klamathlibrary.org>