[Libs-Or] PNLA Annual Conference
Frederiksen, Linda J
lfrederiksen at vancouver.wsu.edu
Mon May 19 08:46:05 PDT 2014
Thinking about attending the PNLA Annual Conference this year in Helena, MT? Need some more reasons to attend? Check out these suggestions:
* Bringing the family? The Carousel, http://www.gncarousel.com, and Exploration Works, http://www.explorationworks.org, are less than one block away.
* What about those conference breakout sessions? A wide array of offerings for all from your esteemed colleagues in the field!
* Authors galore! Judith Graves, YA author from Alberta, Leslie Budewitz, a new and highly acclaimed mystery author from Montana, and Jon Axline and Ellen Baumler, local Helena authors with a history flair.
* OCLC Travel Grant for new attendee reminder, June 20 deadline.
* Booking your flight? Remember that Bozeman and Great Falls are only 1 hour 15 minutes away, and Missoula is only 2 hours away. Driving in Montana is a beautiful adventure with many sights along the way.
* Helena is halfway between Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. Kalispell is the airport closest to Glacier and Bozeman is the airport closest to Yellowstone.
* Wednesday is included in the price! Check out the four free pre-conference offerings on Wednesday afternoon, www.pnla.org/conference<http://www.pnla.org/conference>.
* Check out the "Things to Do" link on the conference website, www.pnla.org/conference<http://www.pnla.org/conference>. Be sure and click on "Visiting Helena" for the Official Guide to Helena and "Getting Around" for a great city map, both are at the bottom of the Chamber of Commerce page.
* New this year is a larger President's reception on Friday night, so stay over if you can. Food, drinks and tours at the Lewis & Clark Public Library in honor of those who serve our professional associations.
* Corks & Cans at the Brewhouse, across the parking lot from the Great Northern Hotel. Join us for the musical comedy duo, Shark Rodeo, super h'orsdeuvres, and a couple of drinks, all for $30!
* Jazz Pizzazz comes to the opening vendor reception on Wednesday night with the Wilbur Rehmann Quartet, delectable appetizers, and a no host bar.
* It's time to book your hotel room, only 1 week to the room release date for discounted rooms
The conference is August 13-15, 2014. See the conference webpages for more information and to register: http://www.pnla.org/conference
Head of Access Services
Washington State University Vancouver
14204 NE Salmon Creek Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98686
Email: lfrederiksen at vancouver.wsu.edu<mailto:lfrederiksen at vancouver.wsu.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or