[Libs-Or] Distribution of 1040EZ tax forms update

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Wed Nov 26 15:07:40 PST 2014

Here is the latest on what will be available from the Tax Forms Outlet Program (TFOP). Good news, 1040EZ forms and instructions can be ordered, but each outlet will definitely only be receiving a single copy of Publication 17. The link to this publication online is:
http://www.irs.gov/file_source/pub/irs-pdf/p17.pdf

Tax Forms Outlet Program (TFOP) News

First, we would like to apologize for not being clear about budget-based decisions under consideration that impact the TFOP Program. While we did invite a small number of our partners to provide feedback about our desire to reduce the forms distributed through our partnership with you, we know now that we have a broader opportunity to do so in the future if further changes are being considered for the program. Second, based on your concerns, we are returning the Form 1040EZ and instructions to the list of products you can order. We now have a better understanding of how important you believe this form is to your patrons and the negative effect it would have if it were not available. And third, we understand your concerns with the elimination of Publication 17 from general distribution. Unfortunately, it cannot be helped with our current budget situation. As soon as Publication 17 is printed, we will mail a reference copy to each TFOP location. Publication 17 will be available electronically on IRS.gov and your customers can purchase it from the Government Printing Office for a small fee.

Additionally, we will email Form 8635-S, Supplement to Form 8635, to you in several days. Use Form 8635-S to order forms, instructions and publications that were not on the initial order form sent in October.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience our earlier actions may have caused.
Thank You
TFOP Administrator

Arlene Weible
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Support and Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301
503-378-5020