[Libs-Or] Rachael Short is the new Answerland Coordinator!

Cindy Gibbon cindyg at multcolib.org
Wed Oct 1 18:40:32 PDT 2014

I am pleased to announce that Rachael Short has accepted the Answerland
Coordinator position! She began work officially on September 30.   Many
thanks to Emily Papagni for juggling two jobs while she filled in over the
summer during the recruitment process.

Rachael has been staffing the Answerland service here at Multnomah County
Library since 2009 and has also served on the planning team for the Oregon
Digital Reference Summit.  She has held a variety of information services
positions at Multnomah County Library, including serving in lead worker
roles in Interlibrary Loan, Virtual Information Services and Central
Library Collection Management.

Rachael is a graduate of Reed College and has her MLIS from the University
of Wisconsin-Milwaukie.  She is a member of the OLA Oregon Authors
Committee and an inaugural member of MCL's innovative My Librarian team.

I am confident that Rachael will provide strong and steady leadership in
her limited-duration role as we transition the Answerland service to a new
fiscal agent and funding model by the end of June 2015.  She is looking
forward to the challenge and eager to work with staff from all types of
libraries around the state.  Please help make her welcome!

Cindy
*Cindy Gibbon*
Access & Information Services Director
Multnomah County Library