[Libs-Or] new title available through ILL from the Oregon State Library

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Fri Oct 31 14:06:23 PDT 2014

The following new title is available for interlibrary loan from the Oregon State Library.
Most library staff are able to use their library's interlibrary loan service to borrow professional development material.  However, if you do not have access to this service or are not currently affiliated with a library, please contact me so we can work out alternative options for borrowing the material.

[untitled.png]  Howard, Marshall. Let's Have Lunch Together: How to Reach Out and Build More Powerful Relationships. U.S.A.: King's Road Press, 2005. 813.6 Howar  ISBN 978-0977395408

This learning novel reveals the secrets and how-to's that turn boards and supporters into legions of powerful mission partners. Imagine having more influential, well-connected volunteers on your fundraising team. Imagine generating millions without spending a ton of extra time, money or making big changes. Follow the story of Oscar, an Executive Director who tries everything to move his organization to the next level. Oscar could easily raise a lot more money and get more of what he wants. He's smart, works hard and is deeply ommitted. There's one thing stopping him: Oscar can't build strong relationships with enough of the right people He thought he knew all about relationships - until things took a downturn. He needed answers quickly and discovered the secrets to more powerful partnerships. Now, his organization and his life are on the upswing. Reviewers say "This little book is full of golden nuggets that make a big difference, exceptionally beneficial for the seasoned veteran and the novice fundraiser. In a few hours, read this fast-paced story and learn the how-to's of power relationships. Most fun I have ever had being trained, captured my heart, then my mind." Tim Reese, Executive Director, Cal-Nev Community Action Partnership.  "Made me re-think the way I do things, gave me the how-to's. It is required reading in our fundraising courses." Dr. Matthew Jendian, Ph.D., Amer. Humanics, CSU Fresno

Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog (http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/) to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog (http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml) for our complete holdings. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community. The Library Development Division welcomes your suggestions for acquisitions - see the blog for an input form or email us!

[IMLS_Logo_2c.gif]This collection is supported in whole by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Oregon State Library
Library Support and Development Services
250 Winter St.
Salem, OR 97301
ann.reed at state.or.us
phone 503-378-5027