[Libs-Or] A somewhat technical question involving gmail and persistant login...

Michelle Lenox lenoxm at uw.edu
Fri Sep 12 09:49:36 PDT 2014

We had the same problem. We eventually arrived at this solution, which is
currently working for us:

You can force Chrome in open in incognito mode automatically. This way, it
theoretically forgets all login info (& everything else) when the browser
is closed, regardless of what boxes people click.

In Windows 7, this is how it works. I imagine it's similar in other
operating systems.

Right-click on the shortcut and click "properties." Under "target," at the
very end, after the filepath, hit space and then type: -incognito

If you want to also force Chrome to start with your homepage, rather than
the Chrome incognito start page (which may be confusing), type the url for
your homepage at the end:

ex. "....\chrome.exe" -incognito www.google.com

In IE, similarly: "...iexplorer.exe" -private www.google.com

Best,