[Libs-Or] Outreach Round Table - Second Call for Nominations

Annie Lewis annie at annielewis.us
Fri Sep 26 20:43:15 PDT 2014

The OLA Outreach Round Table is seeking nominations for the positions of
Chair and Vice Chair/Chair Elect for the current year September 2014 -
August 2015. I sent a notice out several weeks ago with a deadline of
September 26th but we are extending the deadline so it is not too late to
nominate yourself or a willing colleague.

If you are interested in a fantastic leadership opportunity and passionate
about outreach and library services to under-served populations, please
consider nominating yourself! The newly elected Chair and Vice Chair will
have the support of the Outreach Round Table members and past ORT
leadership. The positions are what you make of them but we hope for
individuals who will be able to set goals for our group, facilitate at least
one or two meetings and/or workshops during the year and engage members
through our listserv.

If you are not currently a member of the Outreach Round Table and are
interested, simply join the ORT by updating your membership online and
paying the $5.00 fee to join. https://ola.memberclicks.net/membership. To
find out more about the positions or if you have questions about the
Outreach Round Table, please email me (Annie Lewis) at
olaoutreachroundtable at gmail.com.

To nominate yourself, please send a brief summary of your background and
statement of interest as well as a brief bio to
olaoutreachroundtable at gmail.com. Please submit nominations by October 15th.

More about the Outreach Round Table: The ORT provides a framework for
information sharing, continuing education and moral support for library
workers currently providing outreach services; and to offer opportunities
for networking and encouragement to libraries wishing to expand or develop
library outreach services. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to
library service to people of all ages who can no longer use a library
facility due to

either a physical or mental impairment, people who live in rural or remote
area without a library, non-English speakers, the incarcerated, the
homeless, and

low-literacy adults.

Annie Lewis

OLA Outreach Round Table Interim Chair