[Libs-Or] Is Privacy an Option? (event)

Azalea Ebbay azaleae at multco.us
Wed Apr 22 09:52:30 PDT 2015

What does privacy mean these days? Is it an expectation or an exception?
Join us as we celebrate Choose Privacy Week
<http://chooseprivacyweek.org/> (May
1-7) and discuss the social, philosophical and cultural implications of
privacy in the modern age. Mark Alfino, professor of Philosophy at Gonzaga
University, will help us unpack issues around privacy, transparency and why
our choices matter. We will also explore the connection between privacy and
intellectual freedom through cases and examples we see in everyday life.
Please join us for a lively talk and discussion.  Light refreshments will
be served.

When: Sat, May 02, 2015 2:00 to 3:30

Where: U.S. Bank Room - Central Library

First come, first served.

Made possible by The National Endowment for the Humanities Fund of The
Library Foundation.

Attached are both color and black & white PDFs of our flyer. We would
appreciate it if you could post these in any place you think people would
be interested. Thank you!

--
*Azalea Ebbay*
  =^● ⋏ ●^=