[Libs-Or] Joseph Bizup at Lewis & Clark College next month

Kate Rubick rubick at lclark.edu
Thu Apr 23 13:43:46 PDT 2015

Hello,

Joseph Bizup, Associate Professor of English and Director of the Arts and
Sciences Writing Program at Boston University will visit Lewis & Clark
College May 12 and 13 for a undergraduate faculty workshop.

Many librarians have expressed interest in meeting Dr. Bizup, who is the
author of “BEAM: A Rhetorical Vocabulary for Teaching Research-Based
Writing.” *Rhetoric Review* 27/1 (2008): 72-86.  I am happy to say, that
Dr. Bizup has agreed to attend a reception for area librarians to be held:

Wednesday, May 13, 3:30-5:00 in the Aubrey R. Watzek Library Classroom
245, Lewis
& Clark College <https://www.lclark.edu/visit/directions/maps/>.  Parking
permits will not be required to attend this event.

Please join us for what promises to be an engaging discussion about how
librarians are incorporating BEAM into information literacy instruction. To
make sure we have refreshments for all, it would be helpful to know who is
coming, so kindly RSVP to me via email.

Hope you can join us.  All best,

Kate Rubick, Instruction Services Librarian
<http://library.lclark.edu/lib/staff/kate_rubick/>
Aubrey R. Watzek Library
Lewis & Clark College