[Libs-Or] OLA Legislative Day - April 29th- Resource Materials

Emily Ford fordemily at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 15:03:39 PDT 2015

Hello Oregon Library Community,
Please come join us in Salem on Wednesday, April 29th for OLA Legislative
Day! If you haven't yet made an appointment with your state legislators,
it's not too late.

Simply call your legislators to make an appointment anytime between 8am-4pm
on April 29th, then fill in the appropriate appointment on our shared
spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eYAt6YY26QMCEuGCwqDyq9TMLjpDKQyoQRHKgu5uUCs/edit?usp=sharing>
.

Resources for OLA Legislative Day are now available on the OLA LIbrary
Development and Legislation Committee's website
<http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=199>.
You'll find a handout with tips for communicating with elected officials
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/assets/Legislative/communicating%20with%20elected%20officials.docx>,
a Legislative day 2015 handout with issue briefs
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/assets/Legislative/leg%20day%20handout.doc>,
and a Ready to Read 2015 handout
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/assets/Legislative/ready%20to%20read%202015.doc>
.

We'll be meeting Wednesday morning for an issue briefing. More details to
come!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me, Emily, the
Library Development and Legislation committee's Network Coordinator at
forder at pdx.edu

Regards,
Emily