[Libs-Or] Lampman Award Winner for 2015

Carol Reich Carol.Reich at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Thu Apr 30 15:59:37 PDT 2015

Hello, everyone,

It is my great pleasure to announce that Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant at the State Library, is the 2015 Evelyn Sibley Lampman award winner! The press release is below and photos from the award session and more comments from Katie's nominators are also available on the CSD website at http://www.csdola.org/lampman-award.html.

I would very much like to thank this year's Lampman Committee for their input and participation: past CSD Chair Korie Buerkle, Newberg; Julie Handyside, Cedar Mill - Bethany; Josie Hanneman, Deschutes Public; Becky Pearson, 2014 Lampman Chair, McMinnville; Nancy Spaulding, Cedar Mill Community Library; Mary Parra, Nellie Muir Elementary, Woodburn; Esther Moberg, Seaside Public; and Suzy Goolsby, retired.

If you are interested on serving on the Lampman Committee, please contact me or the CSD Chair any time between now and September. It's a rewarding experience.

And many congratulations to Katie!

Oregon State Library Press Release

"Katie began her work as the Youth Services Consultant at the Oregon State Library in June of 2006. She did not have years of experience as a youth services librarian but she did have enthusiasm, energy, and imagination. Those three traits, along with the experience she has gained over the last nine years, have contributed to her status as a librarian who has made a significant contribution to library services for children in Oregon.

>From her first days at the State Library, she has demonstrated a commitment to children and to libraries that certainly goes above and beyond the responsibilities of her job. Her tenacity in attending meetings and gatherings that might yield a valuable partnership is legendary, as is her ability to communicate important information to library staff in Oregon that can then be used to improve library services at the local level.

Her most impressive accomplishments, in a long list of accomplishments, include her work with the Commission on Children and Families, with funding from the Oregon Community Foundation and the Paul G. Allen Foundation, to bring "Every Child Ready to Read at Your Library" training to all corners of the Oregon. She was instrumental in securing the funding and worked tirelessly with the project manager to assure an excellent learning experience for all involved. She has also become an integral member of the youth serving divisions of the Oregon Library Association. Her participation in the Collaborative Summer Library Program goes above and beyond representing Oregon. She has persisted in speaking up at meetings to encourage changes that affect every child who participates in summer reading.

Katie is deeply committed to excellent library service for children and their caregivers and is an excellent spokesperson for that in all corners of our state."

- MaryKay Dahlgreen, State Librarian

Carol Reich | Reader Services Manager | 2015 Lampman Chair
City of Hillsboro, Oregon | Hillsboro Public Library
phone 503-615-6514 | web www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library<http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library>
Follow us on Twitter @HillsboroLib<https://twitter.com/HillsboroLib> and Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/HillsboroPublicLibrary>
Member of Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) | http://www.wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>