[Libs-Or] Batman vs. Superman - VOTE!

Jane Scheppke JScheppke at crooklib.org
Tue Aug 4 11:43:50 PDT 2015

Hi all:

This summer, Crook County Library and Driftwood Public Library each acquired cardboard superhero cutouts for our Summer Reading promotions. Crook got a Batman and Driftwood got Superman, so it was only a matter of time before we (meaning myself and Mackie Welch at Driftwood) pitted them in an epic deathmatch for superhero supremacy... I mean, costume contest. Each week in July, Batman and Superman wore a new costume. Photos of the costumes were posted to each library's respective Facebook page every Thursday. We sprinkled in some other plot elements throughout the month - Batman kidnapped Lois Lane, Superman kidnapped Robin, Spider-Man told them to cut it out - to encourage people to keep checking in.

The link to vote is below. The polls close Thursday (8/6) at 6 PM. Vote vote vote! In all seriousness, this was a great way to get people engaged with our social media outlets, and kids and adults alike absolutely loved the cutouts. The amount of mileage you can get out of cardboard is astounding.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NBDVGSC

Jane Scheppke, MLIS
Adult Services Associate II, Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, Oregon 97754
(541) 447-7978 ext. 307
jscheppke at crooklib.org<mailto:jscheppke at crooklib.org>