[Libs-Or] Kindle Checkout Program

Taylor, Kiira ktaylor at ci.oswego.or.us
Thu Aug 6 10:26:30 PDT 2015

Here at the Lake Oswego Public Library, we've been loaning pre-loaded Kindles for several years.  We have a group with YA/Teen items, some with children's items, and some with adult items.

We have about 470+ items on the adult Kindles.  Many are 'bestsellers,' but we offer an idiosyncratic mix that includes classics, some books only available in ebook format, and items in response to patron requests.

We just (yesterday!) extended our loan period for Kindles from 2 to 4 weeks.  We do not allow renewals at this point.

We've had no problems, and we're very happy with the program.

Please feel free to email or call me if you have questions.

Kiira K. Taylor, AMLS
Adult Services Librarian, Lake Oswego Public Library, 503-697-6581 or 503-534-4227

We're on Pinterest!  http://www.pinterest.com/biblioecstasy/