[Libs-Or] OLA SSD 2016 conference- call for presenters!

OLA SSD Conference Committee olassdconference at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 13:49:56 PST 2015

As you probably know, the next Support Staff Division annual conference is
coming up this summer, July 15, 2016. This year, the conference will be
held at the Holiday Inn Portland-South in Wilsonville. As you may not know,
we are trying a new and exciting format for some of our sessions, and the
new format gives you more opportunities for professional development!

This year, in addition to the presentation-style format you’re used to (one
or two people presenting to an audience for the majority of the allotted
time), we are hosting interactive, panel-style sessions as well. These
sessions will involve a short presentation on a theme by the panelists at
the beginning, leading into a lightly moderated discussion involving
everyone in the room for the majority of the time. You’ll be able to choose
which style works best for you, so you can get the absolute most out of the
conference.

Of course, we’ll need more presenters and panelists than we’ve had in the
past in order to execute this plan, which means more opportunities for you
to share your hard-won expertise with your fellow support staffers. As an
added bonus, presenters’ conference fee is completely waived! Interested in
presenting? Take a look at the themes of our sessions this year:
------------------------------

**Presentation style conference sessions**

-Managing Compassion Fatigue

-Interpersonal Skills at Work

-Handling Challenging Patrons

**Interactive panel style conference sessions**

-Customer Service Victories

-Library Ergonomics

-Training Guides/Techniques/Manuals – Best Practices
------------------------------

If one of our sessions jumps out to you as something you’d feel confident
presenting about in either format, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at
olassdconference at gmail.com, or alternatively call Justyne Triest or
Jennifer Patterson,conference committee co-chairs, at (503) 352-1426 and
(503) 691-3074 respectively. Let us know which theme interests you, and if
you have questions about the new format or anything else conference
related, we can answer those too!

Keep up with OLA SSD news and announcements- follow us on our blog (
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/), Facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/olasupportstaffdivision), and Twitter (
https://twitter.com/ola_ssd).

Oregon Library Association Support Staff Division (OLA SSD)
2016 Conference Committee
olassdconference at gmail.com