[Libs-Or] DVD purchases

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Wed Dec 23 10:24:05 PST 2015

It's probably not the best solution, but we've taken to using a City purchase card to purchase the majority of our DVDs through Amazon. It lets us bypass the ridiculous corporate billing, although it does make reconciling the credit card statement every month a bit of a chore.

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
Library Director
Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101, #201
Lincoln City, OR 97367
541-996-1251 (desk)
541-996-1262 (fax)
www.driftwoodlib.org

 >>> dan cawley <librarybusiness at yahoo.com> 12/23/2015 9:18 AM >>>
Hello-

We are in the process of switching to Ingram as our jobber.

Their monograph selection is fairly comprehensive but the DVD stock leaves much to be desired.

Question:  Where can we find DVDs (contemporary, classic, foreign-language, and indie)...for cheap...with simplified payment procedures?

We are not opposed to purchasing excellent-condition-used or in bulk.

Amazon has an astonishing array of titles and amazing deals but we cannot abide their labyrinthine corporate billing system.

Our monthly DVD budget is modest so we would like to stretch the dollars as far as possible.

Where do you buy your movies and are you happy with the service?

Thanks in advance,

Dan Cawley
Seaside Public Library
503.738.6742

http://library.cityofseaside.us/
If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to report it: Report Spam
( http://gwava.lincolncity.org:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=363078&srvid=195s08f)