[Libs-Or] Library Assistant Position

Phillips, Sue PhillipsS at catlin.edu
Wed Feb 18 11:43:12 PST 2015

Upper School Library Assistant Substitute Positions
The Catlin Gabel School
Closing Date:  Monday, March 2nd, 2015

The Upper School Librarian at the Catlin Gabel School is building a
substitute library assistant list for short and possible longer term
coverage.  We seek applicants who have library experience, are energetic
and highly organized, and genuinely enjoy working with a group of smart,
delightful teenagers in a beautiful, busy library.

Library school students or not-yet-employed library professionals who
wonder what it is like to work in an independent school library may find
this opportunity particularly interesting.

Our Upper School Library serves about 310 students and 50 faculty, as well
as a broad range of faculty, staff, parents and students from other
divisions of the school.  Hours are Mon-Fri, from 7:30am to 5pm, with the
librarian and the library assistant arranging their schedules to maintain
coverage.  While the substitute assistant rate of pay is modest, the
environment, people, and experience are all delightful.  Successful
applicants must be able to pass a background check through our Human
Resources department.  Work duties as a substitute library assistant
include:

€ Managing circulation using Follett Destiny
€ Checking in periodicals and managing the mail
€ Cataloging and preparing books and DVDs for the collection
€ Supervising teenagers in a busy, heavily utilized space
€ Providing coverage when the librarian is teaching or in meetings
€ Managing busy course reserve shelves to keep things running smoothly

TO APPLY:  Email a letter of interest, and include a resume and
information about your general availability to Sue Phillips, Upper School
Librarian:  phillipss at catlin.edu  Please write "Library Substitute List"
in the subject line.  Thank you for your interest.