[Libs-Or] Policies and Pot

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 13:39:09 PST 2015

I agree Buzzy.

I mean--do you all check everyone's water bottles to make sure there isn't
vodka in there?

I am wondering what everyone is doing to provide patrons with relevant,
useful solid information about cannabis use, medicinal cannabis use and the
cannabis business.

These are all questions librarians will be asked, and we should have
answers that don't revolve around sending people to the DEA web site.

People might want to think about serving human information needs, then
keeping people out of the library and "What if they do this, or what if
they do thats?"  IMO

Many US veterans find PTSD relief from medicinal cannabis.

Will you try to keep them out of your library if they smoked or ingested
cannabis hours before?

How many hours/days must a person be sober before they can enter the
library?

What is the legal limit for being in the library?

How will you be able to tell if someone's red eyes are from an allergy or
from being baked?

It seems like it would be a mistake to travel down the routes of trying to
figure these things out and sticking to "illegal behavior."

You patrons have information needs about cannabis--how will you help them
with those needs?

Respectfully,

Max Macias

--

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/

Twitter feed:
<http://twitter.com/REFORMAnet>
http://twitter.com/maxmacias