[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacro-l] White House Conference on Aging

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Thu Jul 9 07:24:41 PDT 2015

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emily Sheketoff <esheketoff at alawash.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Subject: [alacro-l] White House Conference on Aging
To: "alacro-l at lists.ala.org" <alacro-l at lists.ala.org>

 As you may be aware, the White House Conference on Aging is being held on
July 13th.  Please find below the agenda for the event along with a blog
post for those libraries  interested in hosting a watch party.
>http://www.whitehouseconferenceonaging.gov/submissions/EventSubmission.aspx<.
Libraries can also download the Watch Party Discussion Guide PDF from this
site.  We understand that there are libraries across the country that have
already committed to hosting a watch party and the White House hopes for
even more!

Thanks!

*PRELIMINARY AGENDA FOR WHITE HOUSE CONFERENCE ON AGING EVENT*

*Note:  All times and topics are subject to change*

10:00am to 12:20pm ET                  Welcome; Opening Panels on
Caregiving and Financial Security; President Obama’s Remarks

12:20pm to 1:20pm ET                    Break for Lunch

1:20pm to 4:20pm ET                      Afternoon Panel Discussions on
Healthy Aging, Elder Justice and Technology

4:20pm to 4:30pm ET                      Closing

*Your Guide to Participating in the 2015 White House Conference on Aging*

*6. July 2015 17:18 by Nora Super |*

With less than a week to go to the 2015 White House Conference on Aging (WHCOA)
on July 13, enthusiasm is building. This White House Conference promises to
be an extraordinary event, with watch parties participating from homes,
community centers, and libraries in every state. We hope that you’re
planning to get involved by watching the livestream and engaging online as
the President and other senior Administration officials headline this
once-a-decade forum.

The White House Conference on Aging is working with older adults, families,
caregivers, advocates, community leaders, and experts in the aging field to
hold watch parties across the country to make this the largest White House
Conference on Aging to date. With people participating far and wide, we
plan to make the day interactive and engaging for those tuning in online.

We encourage all organizations hosting events—whether public or
private—to register
their Watch Party. By registering, watch party hosts will receive the
latest information about the July 13 Conference and a rundown of the best
ways to submit your questions, comments and stories. Public watch parties
will be posted on the Conference website once confirmed. Already, more than
85 public watch parties have been organized.

The White House Conference on Aging is having a national conversation about
how to best address the changing aging landscape in the coming decade. We
need your voice as part of our dialogue and discussion. Host and register
your watch party and be part of history-in-the-making.

--
Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Representative

Phone: 503-725-8169