[Libs-Or] Strategic Planning

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Jul 23 13:58:26 PDT 2015

This is the book I’ve used in the past. It’s available to check-out from the State Library via ILL.

[Cover image for Strategic planning for results]
Strategic planning for results by Sandra S. Nelson, 9780838935736, Chicago : American Library Association, 2008.

Plan to plan -- Identify service priorities -- Set the stage -- Describe the future -- Communicate the plan -- The rest of the story -- Be an informed citizen : local, national, and world affairs -- Build successful enterprises : business and nonprofit support -- Celebrate diversity : cultural awareness -- Connect to the online world : public internet access -- Create young readers : early literacy -- Discover your roots : genealogy and local history -- Express creativity : create and share content -- Get facts fast : ready reference -- Know your community : community resources and services -- Learn to read and write : adult, teen, and family literacy -- Make career choices : job and career development -- Make informed decisions : health, wealth, and other life choices -- Satisfy curiosity : lifelong learning -- Stimulate imagination : reading, viewing, and listening for pleasure -- Succeed in school : homework help -- Understand how to find, evaluate, and use information : information fluency -- Visit a comfortable place : physical and virtual spaces -- Welcome to the united states : services for new immigrants -- Groups : identifying options -- Groups : reaching agreement -- Library communication -- Presenting data -- Workforms.

[Slogan Text][Cooper_laughing]
Summer Reading 2015 at Oregon libraries<http://libdir.osl.state.or.us/>!
Find a summer food site<http://www.summerfoodoregon.org/>.

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>