[Libs-Or] RFID Tagging

Cindy Gibbon cindyg at multcolib.org
Tue Jul 28 19:44:55 PDT 2015

Hi Ted.  I have a little wisdom on this.  First, if you choose to tag
discs, don't use the little donut tags.  They aren't effective and they
come off easily inside people's DVD players.  If you are going to tag
discs, get overlay tags.  We found the Stingray tags to be the best.  If
you want sourcing info for those, we have that.

I will let someone else chime in on the issue of tagging cases vs. tagging
discs.  We've tried security cases, but at the volume of circulation we do,
they were too much work for us and for patrons.

Cindy

*Cindy Gibbon*
Access & Information Services Director
Multnomah County Library