[Libs-Or] Librarian of the Year: Do you know that person?

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Tue Mar 3 12:00:00 PST 2015

Do you know the OLA Librarian of the Year?    Well, you might if you nominate your colleague who has done a great job this year for your library or for Oregon Libraries.

It's time to nominate and it is very easy.   Simply send an e-mail with the reasons why you think this person should be librarian of the year.  Ask a couple more people to also send an e-mail telling their reasons and who knows, you may have a friend who is Librarian of the Year!

Below is a bit more info, but really people, it is pretty easy to do.

The qualifications for Librarian of the Year are that it may be any Oregon librarian who has been working in an Oregon Library for at least two years in a paid professional position.  The nominee must demonstrate excellence in library service in his or her community and to Oregon libraries.  The nominee must be a member of OLA.

Nominations may come from all types of libraries and from all kinds of librarians, staff and supporters.

Nomination letters/e-mails (no more than six letters/e-mails of support) are due Friday, March 13, 2015.

These awards will be presented to recipients at the OLA Conference Luncheon Banquet in Eugene on Friday, April 17, 2015.

If you need more info, read the awards guidelines and let me know if you have questions.  Take a look at http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=58280&orgId=ola

Your letter (e-mail) of nomination should include the following information, if pertinent, and be as informational as possible:

      * Name, contact information, current position for nominee

      * Award for which you are nominating the person or group

      * Description of why your nominee should be selected for an OLA Award

      * OLA activities: committee appointments, etc.

      * Your name and how you can be reached if the committee has questions

Please send nominating letters and supporting letters by Friday, March 13, 2015, to:

                Leah Griffith, HAS Chair

                e-mail:   leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov<mailto:leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov>

                We prefer e-mail, but you can also send via mail to me at:

                                Newberg Public Library

                                503 E. Hancock

                                Newberg,  OR  97132

E-mail or call me at 503-537-1256 if you have any questions.    We will be looking forward to your nominations.

Leah
Leah M. Griffith
Director,   Newberg Public Library     503-537-1256

www.newberglibrary.org<http://www.newberglibrary.org>
[StoryTime_Core.png]
www.storytimeoregon.com<http://www.storytimeoregon.com>