[Libs-Or] PLA Opportunities

Vailey Oehlke vaileyo at multcolib.org
Wed Mar 11 08:58:17 PDT 2015

Hello friends,

If you or other library staff or students are interested in serving on a
PLA committee, I encourage you to visit the PLA committees webpage
<http://www.ala.org/pla/about/committees> to learn more about current
committees, task forces, advisory groups and award juries. If something
catches your eye, there's a link towards the top of the page that will take
you to the Committee Volunteer Form.

One of my responsibilities as PLA President-Elect is to appoint members as
needed to these groups. I've always admired and supported the collaborative
disposition of public libraries. I'm lucky to work in a state with an
abundance of dedicated and innovative library folks and I hope you'll
consider participating as I know PLA would benefit greatly from your
knowledge and experience.

I begin making appointments now, so please encourage folks to indicate
interest soon.

Thank you, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Vailey

PLA President-Elect, 2014-15
PLA President, 2015-16

*Vailey Oehlke* *|* Director *|* Multnomah County Library
<https://multcolib.org/>
919 NE 19th Ave, Portland, OR 97232 *|* 503.988.5403
www.facebook.com/multcolib | @MultCoLib_Dir

Why let a computer tell you what to read? Get personalized reading
recommendations at
My Librarian <https://multcolib.org/my-librarian>