[Libs-Or] Call for Session Proposals & Ideas => 2015 Fall Conference

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Mar 20 16:07:50 PDT 2015

Please pardon the cross-posting.

[alt]

The planning committee for the 2015 OASL Fall Conference is hard at work putting together a conference that will benefit
a broad spectrum of attendees. That means we need great sessions, so we are calling on you for ideas and proposals.

http://bit.ly/2015-Session-Proposals

Conference Location and Dates: Coos Bay/North Bend, October 9th and 10th

Our Theme: 2020 Vision

With an emphasis on the following:

·         The four strands of the Oregon School Library Standards<https://sites.google.com/site/oregonschoollibrarystandards/> in action:

o   Information literacy

o   Reading engagement

o   Social responsibility

o   Technology integration

·         Ideas for small and rural school libraries

·         Forward-thinking lessons, programs, and collaborations that demonstrate the
value of strong school library programs in helping meet school and district goals

Below is a link to a form to fill out by April 22nd if you…

1.      Want to present at the fall conference

2.      Have an idea for a session

3.      Would like to participate in our poster sessions

http://bit.ly/2015-Session-Proposals or https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fIi5vpvEy4UBt_NqTv7nGFBvWyyQEMdtrHZJOAoR4N4/viewform

Please forward this message to others who may be interested.

As a committee, we are eager to offer new and exciting sessions and to bring back some favorites!

Thanks,
Jen
Sessions Chair, 2015 OASL Fall Conference

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE