[Libs-Or] Head of Access Services at Lewis & Clark College

Elaine Hirsch elaineghirsch at lclark.edu
Wed May 6 13:26:17 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Oregon, invites applications for the
Head of Access Services at Aubrey R. Watzek Library. Watzek Library
supports the College of Arts & Sciences and the Graduate School of
Education & Counseling, and is a member of the Orbis Cascade Alliance, a
consortium of 37 academic libraries in the Pacific Northwest.

We seek a forward-thinking, service-oriented leader who will position the
department to meet traditional and emerging needs. The ideal candidate will
have excellent interpersonal skills, an outstanding service ethic and
strong technical and problem solving skills.

The Head of Access Services

> Oversees and develops an evolving set of access services including
circulation, stacks, resources sharing, and support for electronic content
delivery platforms.

> Supervises six staff members of Circulation, Stacks, and Interlibrary
Loan units and works collaboratively with Collection Management Services on
crossover responsibilities.

> Is responsible for ensuring that the library is open and the main service
point is staffed during all open hours.

> Continually improves services through ongoing training and assessment
within department and coordination with other units in the library.

> Manages and leads the development of access services technologies
including the circulation subsystem of the ILS, resource sharing systems,
and aspects of the discovery platform.
For further information and to apply for the position, please see:
https://jobs.lclark.edu/postings/5171

Thank you,
Elaine Hirsch
Associate Director