[Libs-Or] Residency requirements redux

Barratt Miller BMiller at crooklib.org
Tue May 12 09:42:34 PDT 2015

I want to second the paperback exchange suggestion! We have an “honor system” paperback exchange that is very popular, both in the library and on our bookmobile. While it’s not the same as a library card, some people prefer not having to worry about due dates, late fees, and replacement costs. We use donated books and a volunteer comes in once a week to restock the exchange shelves for us.

We also have a “courtesy card” with Internet access and a limit of 8 items for people who are currently homeless/in transitional housing and looking for permanent housing in our area. The card lasts for two months, requires photo ID but no proof of address, and can be extended by the library director or circulation manager if necessary.

Barratt Miller, MSLIS
Assistant Director
Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, OR 97754
541-447-7978 ext 303
bmiller at crooklib.org<mailto:bmiller at crooklib.org>
Crook County Library – Experience the Journey!