[Libs-Or] new library Science book available for Interlibrary loan from Oregon State Library

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Tue May 19 11:41:51 PDT 2015

The following new titles are available for interlibrary loan from the Oregon State Library.
Most library staff are able to use their library's interlibrary loan service to borrow professional development material.  However, if you do not have access to these services or are not currently affiliated with a library, please contact me so we can work out alternative options for borrowing the material.
[http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Esak0X3VL._AC_SX60_CR,0,0,60,60_.jpg] Doucett, Elisabeth. New Routes to Library Success: 100+Ideas from Outside the Stacks. Chicago: ALA, 2015. 025.1974 Douce.  378-0-8389-1313-0.
Whether in person or electronically, users come to the public library from outside the library realm. And that s exactly where genuinely transformational ideas lie. In this book Doucett mines new territory by exploring how successful organizations "outside the stacks" conduct their business. By analyzing what several private-sector organizations and their leaders are doing outstandingly well, she quickly hones in on transformational concepts that are ready for application in public libraries, offering more than a hundred innovative ideas that can be put into practice to improve customer service and day-to-day library operations. Canvassing the worlds of advertising, online commerce, fundraising, retailing, and more, Doucett profiles such successful professionals as

  *   Margaret Atwell, Kickstarter
  *   Chris Wilson, L.L. Bean
  *   Brian Kevin and Ginny Wright, Down East Magazine
  *   Kate Chaney Chappell, Tom's of Maine
  *   Walter Briggs, Briggs Advertising
An exciting survey of creativity in action, Doucett's book will encourage public library directors, managers, trustees, and staff to cross-pollinate their own expertise with innovative ideas from outside the stacks.

Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog (http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/) to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog (http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml) for our complete holdings. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community. The Library Development Division welcomes your suggestions for acquisitions - see the blog for an input form or email us!

[IMLS_Logo_2c.gif]This collection is supported in whole by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Oregon State Library
Library Support and Development Services
250 Winter St.
Salem, OR 97301
ann.reed at state.or.us
phone 503-378-5027