[Libs-Or] Information Literacy and Colonialism ILAGO Presentation...

Senior, Heidi senior at up.edu
Tue May 19 12:39:06 PDT 2015

Thanks, Max. I thought I should reply to say I misspoke during our discussion following your presentation. The librarian who presented on microaggressions at the ACRL-OR/WA conference in 2013 is Eli Gandour-Rood of University of Puget Sound (with co-presenter Benjamin Tucker). If you would like to learn more: During a recent conversation about microaggressions at University of Portland the presenters referred to Derald Wing Sue’s article from American Psychologist, May-June 2007 pp. 271-286, and Max reminded us that The Journal of Academic Librarianship recently (January 2015, pp. 47-53) published an article by Jaena Alabi about racial microaggressions in academic libraries.

Best wishes,

Heidi Senior

Heidi E. K. Senior
Reference/Instruction Librarian