[Libs-Or] Free Speech Should be for Librarians too!

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Sat May 23 11:01:27 PDT 2015

*[Hi All, just thought I would share my newest blog post with you.]*

I encounter many (often young) librarians in real life and online.  One of
the most frequent things people tell me is, "How come you are so free with
your speech?  I could never talk about those things--I would get fired." or
more often, "...I would never land a job!"

It is striking that librarians consider themselves defenders of free speech
and intellectual freedom, but that the above sentiment is held by so many
librarians.

Why are librarians scared to speak about important issues?

You can read the rest of the post here if you like:

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/2015/05/free-speech-should-be-for-librarians-too.html

<http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/2015/05/free-speech-should-be-for-librarians-too.html>

Respectfully,

Max Macias

--

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/

Twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/maxmacias