[Libs-Or] Job Opening: Digital Projects Librarian, Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, Portland, Oregon
Hannon, Todd L
Todd.L.Hannon at kpchr.org
Mon Oct 12 14:57:33 PDT 2015
Job Opening: Digital Projects Librarian, Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, Portland, Oregon
The Digital Projects Librarian will develop, implement, lead, and manage a variety of digital library projects for the preservation, discovery, sharing, and integration of scientific information. This includes prioritizing work and managing deadlines for multiple digital projects with competing demands.
* Design, test, and maintain digital library applications and associated tools.
* Collaborate with and develop a working knowledge of departmental activities for the Center for Health Research (CHR), the Center for Effectiveness and Safety Research (CESR), Kaiser Foundation Research Institute (KFRI), other KP research centers. Work with all of these groups and outside vendors to develop, implement and maintain digital initiatives.
* Identify and upload content for digital library applications. Develop metadata standards and assist with digital object and metadata creation. Conduct searches of the of the institutional repository on behalf of select users and advise others on search strategies.
* Develop policies, procedures, workflows, and timelines for digital projects. Design and oversee quality control of workflow and production processes.
* Project management tasks including overseeing work of part time digital projects staff, writing reports to funders, and developing and monitoring project budgets.
* Promote the use of digital library applications through advocacy, instruction, and outreach activities.
* Maintain both internal and user documentation. Provide regular reports on progress and status.
* Minimum two (2) years of professional library experience.
* Master's degree in library science OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to evaluate technology options and develop and recommend solutions.
* Project management skills including budgeting, staffing, and reporting.
* Basic knowledge of digital library and repository principles and tools.
* Working knowledge of standard office software.
* Commitment to quality assurance and quality control.
* Working knowledge of copyright law.
* Ability to work independently and with a team.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills.
* Experience creating and implementing digital collections.
* Experience managing multiple technology projects in a collaborative work environment.
* Experience managing DSpace institutional repository software.
* Professional work experience in a research, academic, or health sciences library.
* Working knowledge of institutional repository practices.
* Working knowledge of bibliographic databases of the National Library of Medicine.
* Working knowledge of one or more descriptive metadata standards.
* Working knowledge of author identifier systems.
* Basic knowledge of digital preservation principles.
* Advanced knowledge of information management technology.
* Ability to maintain expertise in the rapidly changing field of digital resource management.
* Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
Scheduled Hours: 40
To read a more detailed job description and complete an application, visit our
website at http://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/jobs.aspx and search for job number 414094
Todd Hannon, MLS
Manager, Library Services
Center for Health Research
3800 N. Interstate Ave.
Portland, OR 97227
Todd.L.Hannon at kpchr.org<mailto:Todd.L.Hannon at kpchr.org>
Advancing Knowledge to Improve Health
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or