[Libs-Or] Changes to Oregon's Indoor Clean Air Act

gsharp at cclsd.org gsharp at cclsd.org
Wed Oct 14 11:22:33 PDT 2015

Good Morning:  I'm working with my library board to revise our library's
no-smoking policy, to prohibit smoking anywhere on library property.
While researching the policies of other libraries, I noticed this
information about changes to Oregon's Indoor Clean Air Act, from the
Oregon Health Authority.  "Effective on January 1, 2016, the ICAA will
include the use of "inhalant delivery systems.....Under the law,
Oregonians will not be able to use e-cigarettes and other inhalant
delivery systems in workplaces....or other venues."  For more details,
take a look at:

https://public.health.oregon.gov/PreventionWellness/TobaccoPrevention/SmokefreeWorkplaceLaw/Pages/thelaw.aspx

This was news to me.  I bet some Oregon libraries are already revising
their no-smoking policies to comply with these upcoming changes to the
ICAA, as we are.

All the Best from the south coast,

Gary

--
Gary Sharp

Director of Library Services

North Bend Public Library
1800 Sherman Avenue
North Bend OR 97459
541-756-5442
541-756-1073 fax

“A library is a shelter for the mind and spirit.”  - Tom McCall