[Libs-Or] FW: creating a roundtable--

Martín Blasco MartinB at wccls.org
Tue Oct 20 14:44:44 PDT 2015

Buenos días a tod at s:

In the last REFORMA Oregon chapter’s meeting on Saturday, October 10 @ Redmond Public, the attendees, which formed a quorum, voted to apply to be part of OLA as a Round Table.
The following are reasons to join (thanks Jane Corry and
Annie Lewis!):

•             A stronger voice in OLA to better support librarians who serve Latino communities
•             Opportunities to provide input at OLA Board meetings, especially surrounding decisions that may impact librarians serving Latinos
•             Expanded leadership opportunities for Latino library staff and librarians
•             The opportunity to collaborate with other OLA units more effectively
•             Access to the infrastructure of OLA.
•             Use of the OLA memberclicks tools including Go To Meeting
•             The opportunity to connect with the larger base of OLA members and the ability to recruit them to join REFORMA
•             Access to those providing service to Spanish speakers who are not members of REFORMA.

Below, you can read the requirements to apply for membership. I will need a minimum of 25 members’ names. Please, if you’re a OLA member, send me your name so I can send the list to request Round Table status.
Thank you so much and have a great week. Nos vemos,

Martín

Martín Blasco
Outreach Librarian for Latino and Youth Services Program
Washington County Cooperative Library Services | 503-681-5093
martinb at wccls.org<mailto:martinb at wccls.org> | facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls<http://www.facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls>

“My library is an archive of longings.”
“Mi biblioteca es un archivo de anhelos”.
Susan Sontag