[Libs-Or] FW: creating a roundtable--
MartinB at wccls.org
Tue Oct 20 14:44:44 PDT 2015
Buenos días a tod at s:
In the last REFORMA Oregon chapter’s meeting on Saturday, October 10 @ Redmond Public, the attendees, which formed a quorum, voted to apply to be part of OLA as a Round Table.
The following are reasons to join (thanks Jane Corry and
• A stronger voice in OLA to better support librarians who serve Latino communities
• Opportunities to provide input at OLA Board meetings, especially surrounding decisions that may impact librarians serving Latinos
• Expanded leadership opportunities for Latino library staff and librarians
• The opportunity to collaborate with other OLA units more effectively
• Access to the infrastructure of OLA.
• Use of the OLA memberclicks tools including Go To Meeting
• The opportunity to connect with the larger base of OLA members and the ability to recruit them to join REFORMA
• Access to those providing service to Spanish speakers who are not members of REFORMA.
Below, you can read the requirements to apply for membership. I will need a minimum of 25 members’ names. Please, if you’re a OLA member, send me your name so I can send the list to request Round Table status.
Thank you so much and have a great week. Nos vemos,
Outreach Librarian for Latino and Youth Services Program
Washington County Cooperative Library Services | 503-681-5093
martinb at wccls.org<mailto:martinb at wccls.org> | facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls<http://www.facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls>
“My library is an archive of longings.”
“Mi biblioteca es un archivo de anhelos”.
From: Jane Corry [mailto:janec at multcolib.org]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 5:54 PM
To: Martín Blasco
Subject: creating a roundtable--
2.0421 The Executive Board may authorize the formation of Round Tables. Any special group desiring Round Table status may request approval of the Executive Board, subject to the following provisions:
1. Submit a petition requesting Round Table status demonstrating interest by at least twenty-five Active or Honorary Life members. (note--these do not all have to be people who will join the roundtable. You can solicit signatures on Libs-or)
2. Receive a majority vote of the Executive Board and the Round Table.
Youth Librarian-Belmont Neighborhood Library
Multnomah County Library
Oregon Library Association President
The important thing is not to stop questioning.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or