[Libs-Or] Television series DVDs

dan cawley librarybusiness at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 11:30:33 PDT 2015

  The Seaside Public Library catalogs television series as a complete set.
(The final line of the cutter indicates the season number.)
This method is useful in that programs may be viewed sequentially, as opposed to staggered.  Plus, there is the whole binge-watching aspect.
It also pleases our patrons that a multi-disc TV series is counted as only one item in their limit of ten DVDs.
However, we do break up sets of franchised feature films.
We learned this approach the hard way; complete runs of Indiana Jones, Star Trek, and Jurassic Park have all gone missing.
Fast & Furious #1 - #6 set is presently on order; each disc will be cataloged and processed as a unique item.
It has been our experience that TV series do not disappear with the same frequency as feature-length films
(with the exception of the Sopranos, South Park & Breaking Bad).

Dan CawleySeaside Public Library503.738.6742

http://library.cityofseaside.us/